Friday, October 7, 2011

Desk to Vanity Re-Do

This is my first major furniture re-do.  I bought the desk & chair from Craiglists a few months ago for $25.00.  It was in pretty poor shape. 

I was hoping to be able to salvage the veneer top, but couldn't so I covered it in some Waverly fabric.  The chair seat had 3 layers of fabric & they were all NASTY.    I also added a hutch from another desk I bought from Goodwill.  The other desk will become my sewing table so I didn't need a hutch there. I painted & glazed the wood.  Then applied a polycrylic.  I made the knobs to match based on inspiration from Vintage Skye.  Mine are not as good as hers but they make me happy & proud. 

My next project will be the sewing desk re-do

2 comments:

Deborah March said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deborah March said...

Oooohhh, this is FABULOUS!! Love the colours you've chosen...and those green knobs are the perfect finishing touch!

Deborah ♥♥ (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com/... hope you can drop by and say hi!)